Turning towards our traditions: Valuing LGBTQ/Two-spirited Aboriginals and Fighting against sexual discrimination
Quebec Native Women is proud to invite you to participate in our conference “Turning towards our traditions: Valuing LGBTQ/two-spirited Aboriginals and fighting against sexual discrimination“.
This conference is aimed at Aboriginal members of the LGBTQ/two-spirited community, Aboriginal community members, organizations and intervention workers who work in the Aboriginal community, organizations that work with the LGBTQ community and our partners.
When? October 3, 2016, 9am-5pm
Where? Maddie`s Place Kahnawake, QC
Featured speakers will be:
- Diane Labelle: Director of First Nations Regional Adult Education Center
- Suzy Goodleaf: Psychologist and Marital Family Therapist
- Albert McLeod: Co-Director of Two-Spirited People of Manitoba
- Christopher Sheppard: Executive Director St.John’s Native Friendship Center
- Mona Belleau: Inuk activist
- Gina Metallic: Registered Social Worker through the Ontario College of Social Workers
- Sylvia Maracle: Executive Director of the Ontario Federation of Indigenous Friendship Centers
- Natalie L. Williams: Member of the transgender community
To register online click here
To see the preliminary agenda click here
You can also find more information and read daily update on our Facebook Event!